Perceptual Reality provides high-impact, outcomes-based leadership coaching and assessments to help you develop the specific leadership practices needed to achieve your organisation’s strategic goals.
High-quality leadership matters
Empirical evidence and research informs us that:
- Organisations with the highest quality leaders are 13 times more likely to outperform their competition in key bottom line metrics such as financial performance, quality, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction
- A top performing leader can have at least 50% greater impact on an organisation than an average one.
The leadership challenges you and your organisation face are shaped by its current culture, people, history, opportunities and objectives.
Leadership coaching enhances performance
Leadership coaching is not [always] remedial. Our high-impact, outcomes-based leadership coaching can greatly enhance performance by helping you or your leaders recognise, address and develop three elements of leadership:
- What you do – behaviour
- Why you do it – motivation
- How you do it – interpersonal
Other factors we consider include your personality, your role in the organisation and the situation that you find yourself in, moment-by-moment. Our role is to support you in developing and maintaining the skills, knowledge, attitude and habits required for effective leadership.
A [not so] unique approach
To be effective, our leadership coaching addresses a number of accepted principles:
- Your perception of your leadership may be different to reality
- It’s about change; often at a deep, personal or unconscious level (and you must want to change)
- It is usually challenging and at times uncomfortable
- Self-awareness and others-awareness is critical in leadership
- Leaders are often faced with difficult or challenging situations. In such cases your ability to handle people is critical
- Authenticity is about who you are
- There is no one-right-way to lead. It doesn’t matter what it is called. What matters is what you achieve!
Your leadership coaching journey
We see leadership coaching as a journey to success that aligns leadership development to strategic business objectives. It is both active and reflective, does not take place in a vacuum and is not a singular event.
The beginning is easy; you talk, we listen. Then, together we design the most appropriate and effective coaching programme for your needs. That may include focussing on a number of areas such as:
- Understand the leadership behaviours you currently practice
- Identifying the leadership practices you need to develop
- Understanding your motivations, values, and personal biases
- Providing relevant, insightful feedback to you from a variety of observers
- Developing your ability to apply the SCARF (Status, Certainty, Autonomy, Relatedness, Fairness) model when communicating with others
- Coaching in ‘real-time’; observing you in meetings or during one-to-one sessions to provide you with direct observations
Leadership coaching is often evolutionary; it adapts to your changing needs as you grow and develop as an effective leader.
We know what we are doing
You should always work with a professionally trained, qualified and accredited coach. As well as these attributes we have thousands of hours coaching experience, we understand and speak your language, we have business acumen and experience, plus we have an extensive range of methods that we can call upon to support you.
Our leadership coaching can be designed as a bespoke programme or integrated into your leadership development and/or talent management programmes.