Perceptual Reality provides high-impact, outcomes-based executive coaching and assessments which challenge and support you in improving your performance and achieving your organisation’s strategic goals.
The executive challenge
It can feel lonely at the top. As an executive you face challenges on a daily basis, from navigating your first days in a new role to driving transformational change. You have tough decisions to make, internal and external relationships to manage; the need to maximise business potential, embracing change and maximising your impact as a leader are all in a day’s work.
Executive coaching enhances performance
Executive coaching is not [always] remedial. Our high-impact, outcomes-based executive coaching can greatly enhance performance by exploring with you the concerns and issues that matter most to you and have a direct impact for both you and your organisation.
Our executive coaching provides:
- An opportunity to explore your perceptions and the reality of the situation
- A confidential, safe and non-judgemental space where you can honestly and authentically explore where you are and where you need to be to achieve your goals
- An opportunity to understand your professional impact
- An impartial sounding board and strategic thinking partner
- Someone with whom to discuss challenges and opportunities
- The opportunity to acknowledge how personal motivations and desires impacts professional development
Other factors we consider include your personality, your role in the organisation and the situation that you find yourself in, moment-by-moment. Our role is to support you in developing and maintaining the skills, knowledge, attitude and habits required for sustainable performance.
A [not so] unique approach
To be effective, our executive coaching addresses a number of accepted principles:
- It’s about change; often at a deep, personal or unconscious level (and you must want to change)
- It is usually challenging and at times uncomfortable
- Self-awareness and others-awareness is a critical component
- Executives are often faced with difficult or challenging situations. In such cases your ability to handle people is critical
- Authenticity is about who you are
Your executive coaching journey
We see executive coaching as a journey to success that aligns your development to strategic business objectives. It is both active and reflective, does not take place in a vacuum and is not a singular event.
The beginning is easy; you talk, we listen. Then, together we design the most appropriate and effective coaching programme for your needs. That may include focussing on a number of areas such as:
- Supporting you in your new role,
- Supporting you with a project or transition
- Developing your talent pipeline
- Understanding your motivations, values, and personal biases
- Identifying the management practices you need to develop
- Providing relevant, insightful feedback to you from a variety of observers
- Developing your ability to apply the SCARF (Status, Certainty, Autonomy, Relatedness, Fairness) model when communicating with others
- Coaching in ‘real-time’; observing you in meetings or during one-to-one sessions to provide you with direct observations
Executive coaching is often evolutionary; it adapts to your changing needs as you grow and develop as an effective executive.
We know what we are doing
You should always work with a professionally trained, qualified and accredited coach. As well as these attributes we have thousands of hours coaching experience, we understand and speak your language, we have business acumen and experience, plus we have an extensive range of methods that we can call upon to support you.
Our executive coaching can be designed as a bespoke programme or integrated into your management development and/or talent management programmes.