Perceptual Reality utilises a range of wold-class assessments to underpin our high-impact, outcomes-based coaching, workshops and consultancy services to help you achieve the results you need.
The main purposes of using assessments are:
- To facilitate deeper insight and exploration – to raise awareness
- Not to pass judgement
- To reflect on the whole person (team or organisation) and their various aspects
It is important to realise that assessments do not provide solutions to all problems and in some instances may be inappropriate. In any engagement there is no requirement to use an assessment. That decision will depend upon a number of criteria, including the nature of the information required.
When used well, assessments can yield substantial results, the benefits of which include:
- Often provide deeper insights than just observation
- A quick way to learn a lot about an individual or group
- Can be provide more objective measures than other measurement methods
- Help reveal blind spots, unknown biases and raises awareness
- Help clarify what’s important and new areas for exploration
- Can use assessments in combination with other assessments or supporting data
Critically, assessments are an aide to coaching, consultancy and development – they do not replace it!
The application of assessments is far reaching and includes:
- High-potential leadership development
- Succession planning/talent management
- Employee engagement
- Team building/development
- Culture change and/or alignment
Assessments often fall into two categories:
- Measures of typical performance – generally measure affective/emotional aspects and include personality assessment and interest inventories
- Measures of maximum performance – tend to measure cognitive ability and include achievement tests and measures of aptitude
All of the assessments we use have been comprehensively researched, are statistically proven and utilise the latest though-leadership on human and organisational development.
Assessments are only administered by those who have been professionally trained and certified by the assessment publisher in the comprehensive use of their products.