Benefits and applications
The main purposes of using assessments are:
- To facilitate deeper insight and exploration – to raise awareness
- Not to pass judgement
- To reflect on the whole person (team or organisation) and their various aspects
When used well, assessments can yield substantial results, the benefits of which include:
Often provide deeper insights than just observation
A quick way to learn a lot about an individual or group
Can be provide more objective measures than other measurement methods
Help reveal blind spots, unknown biases and raises awareness
Help clarify what’s important and new areas for exploration
Can use assessments in combination with other assessments or supporting data
Critically, assessments are an aide to coaching, consultancy and development – they do not replace it!
- High-potential leadership development
- Succession planning/talent management
- Employee engagement
- Team building/development
- Culture change and/or alignment
- Measures of typical performance – generally measure affective/emotional aspects and include personality assessment and interest inventories
- Measures of maximum performance – tend to measure cognitive ability and include achievement tests and measures of aptitude
Assessments are only administered by those who have been professionally trained and certified by the assessment publisher in the comprehensive use of their products.
Request a call back
We appreciate that a website cannot answer all of your questions. If you would prefer us to call you to discuss your specific requirements, please complete the form and press submit. We'll be in touch very shortly.
Registered in England: 10276950. All text and imagery copyright of Perceptual Reality.